MILESTONES OF UMRI CHRISTIAN HOSPITAL
|1923||Initial building begun by Rev. Casper with the construction of six rooms: an Examination room, a Compounder’s room, a small Operation Theatre, a Drug store, a Dressing room and an Office.|
|1953||Hospital was equipped with X-ray machine.|
|1954||Dr. Lois Kent Laboratory was established.|
|1958||Rose Memorial Hall & Dharmashala for patients constructed.|
|1962-1965||Office building, new Operation theatre, Annexe building and rooms for Registration were built
Power generator was installed
Reception hall was built.
|1970||Jeep Wagoner (Ambulance) was gifted by Church World Service.|
|1 July 1970||Hospital got Govt. power supply.
200 M.A X-ray machine was purchased & installed.
|22.01.1986||Dr. Issac Jebaraj developed short term TB treatment for the poor and needy.|
|June 1998||Yardy English Medium School was started.|
|Aug 1998||Hostel for tribal children was started.|
|Apr 2000||Hospital was registered as a Public Trust.|
|Aug 2002||Helen Rose School of Nursing was started.|
|2007||Butterfield foundation donated money for the new building of General Ward, Labour room, and new Operation Theatre with new equipment was added.|
|2013||Physiotherapy & Dental Departments were established.|
|Nov 2014||Counselling Department was established..|
|June 2015||Hospital Management System was established.|
|16.08. 2016||New Female General ward was dedicated.|